Monday, May 27, 2013

FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE week 21 - a gratitude list

Friday I'm in love is my weekly gratitude list.


I'm grateful for..


  • Art. We went to see an exhibition called Firebird and Snow Maiden, classic Russian paintings about stories and fairy tales. I was especially impressed by paintings by Ivan Bilibin, who's art my fiancĂ© has admired since his childhood. 
Ivan Bilibin; Vasilisa the beautiful
  • Volunteer work. Our animal welfare association attended a huge festival in Helsinki called World Village. It was touching to see hundreds of different kinds of organisations and associations and the people who are willing to volunteer their precious time. And it was so interesting to see so many different causes that people do volunteer work for. We all have to choose our battles, I've chosen animal welfare, but it doesn't mean that I don't find human rights or nature conservation important (just to name a couple of causes). Luckily there are people who care.



The clippety-clop of ballet shoes, the taste of ginger and the scent of chinese insence, 

Tiitta

No comments:

Post a Comment