Friday, July 12, 2013

FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE week 27 and 28 - a gratitude list

Friday I'm in love is my gratitude list. Again, two weeks at a time, because of the holidays.


I'm grateful for.. 




  • Kitties! In August a little kitten will come to live with us. He's still so young that he has to live with his foster mama cat (he's an orphan) at the shelter in Hartola. We haven't met him in person since it's a bit far away and we don't have a car. But we squee when we see his pictures. 

eeeeh look at that little nose! 
Hexi says a very relaxed "hi"

and Tittis takes it easy too

  • Smoothies! I have a smoothie pretty much every morning, at least when I'm at home. My morning smoothie goes like this: 2 dl / 1 cup of plant milk (almond, oat, soy), 2 dl / 1 cup of frozen berries or fruit, some fresh baby spinach or frozen spinach, 1 Tbs ground flax seed, 1 Tbs chia seed, 1 banana. Mix it up in a blender and enjoy. Sometimes I also add 1 Tbs of peanut butter.
  • Make-up! I know it might sound shallow but I looooove make-up. I don't think everybody should wear make-up and I don't think anything less of people who don't. For me, it's an extension of my style and I feel prettier and more "dapper" when I'm wearing make-up. I don't NEED it, I can go out without make-up but mostly I decide to wear it for the aforementioned reasons. I always choose cruelty-free, it goes first on the list when I'm choosing make-up. For me, it's even more important than the quality of the product. There are a lot of high quality make-up to choose within the cruelty-free range so that's not a problem. My favourite brands are Joe Blasco, Beauty Without Cruelty and NYX that I order online since they don't sell it in Finland. If you're interested in cruelty-free cosmetics, check out Animalian Eläinkokeettoman Kosmetiikan Lista (in finnish), BUAV or PETA. It can be a bit tricky to know what's cruelty-free and what's not since many brands claim they are, but checking from the lists you can be as sure as it's ever possible to sure about anything. 


Peace, love & hummus,

Tiitta

No comments:

Post a Comment